how to reach domain that is behind proxy

From: Michael Hasenstein <mha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:09:10 +0200 (MET DST)

(please CC: me, I'm not on the mailing list)

subject says it;

I have no parent for internet-fetches (so connections are done directly to
destination), but there's one domain on the intranet that I can only reach
via a proxy. No problem, so far, I just say use that particular proxy for
this domain and GET works, but squid ignores the proxy setting for
POST-operations and fails (because their's no direct route).

It would obey the setting if inside_firewall would be specified, but I
can't set this option because its wrong: by default all fetches should be
done directly.

So what I need is the opposite of inside_firewall, i.e. an option
behind_firewall for certain domains to enforce usage of a certain proxy
for that domain.

Thanks, MH

Name: Michael Hasenstein
Mail: mha@debis.c.eunet.de / mha@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
      mha@chemnitz.debis-sfi.de (sfi only)
debis sfi Chemnitz  (Tel. 0371/5359-106; Fax. -133)