Re: redirect from within ?

From: Duncan Anker <dunc1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:07:34 PDT

>Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:11:16 +0200
>From: Garry Glendown <garry@insider.regio.net>
>To: "squid-users@nlanr.net" <squid-users@nlanr.net>
>Subject: redirect from within ?
>
>I just checked into the redirector-mechanism of squid ... while it amy
>work fine, I think that calling an external program every time an object
>is fetched might be a little slow ... :-) Is there any work in progress
>to change this to a mechanism that contacts a running daemon process to
>do the work? With an appropriate source fragment for the daemon itself,
>anybody could write a filter fit for his own use ...

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Squid starts up a certain number
of redirector processes (5 by default) when it starts, the same
as it does with the DNS servers. How could it be any faster without
compiling redirection into itself?

Or is this a different version of Squid? I'm using 1.1.10 ...

--
Duncan Anker         http://www.angelfire.com/or/darcknight/

Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.