RE: squid 1.1.10 is FORKING?

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:21:48 +0100

On Wed 14 May, 1997, Rania Fakhoury <raniaf@cyberia.net.lb> wrote:
>No I am not using RunCache.=20
>
>It forks with me (with 2 * 100Mb process) two days ago. I am using 2 =
>squid cache (sibling one other) on the same machine with different IP.

(and different udp port i hope!)

Squid does not fork during usage, only to run ftpget and unlinkd.

It might be that your OS isn't indicating that unlinkd was run.
I note that mine show it in brackets, meaning that there was no argv[0]
information around.

If you're worried about it, look at the start times of the processes.
Look at the RSS sizes of them. Trace them, see what they're doing.

-- jrg.