Re: SQUID 1.1.9 config

From: SO Kwok Tsun <ktso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:21:14 +0800 (WST)

According to Umar Goldeli's mail...

> Also, I was wondering why hotmail etc won't work through squid... it
> complains about ip address changes... basically, our cache gets everything
> from a parent or a sibling... so is there a way to make this work without
> explicitly not caching certain domains...

We had the same problem before. Do you have the following in
squid.conf?

hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
cache_stoplist cgi-bin ?

It's set by default. Hotmail complained since the cgi scripts were
called from different ip addresses. So, you should have possible
pattern of cgi scripts in hierarchy_stoplist. Otherwise, the cgi
scripts may be called from different parents.

However, if you run something like Cisco LocalDirector to share loading
between different proxy servers or the users' browsers use the proxy
server in a round-robin fashion, then it should be unavoidable that the
cgi scripts will be called from different ip addresses.

So K T, CUHK