Re: A couple of curly questions.

From: Duncan Anker <dunc1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 23:40:14 PDT

>QUESTIONS:
>---------
>
>1) I want a couple of proxies to sit in front of a real proxy that caches
>the information. Like the following situation:
>
> Proxy/Cache
> / | \
> / | \
> / | \
> Proxy 1 Proxy 2 Proxy 3
>
> I do not want Proxy 1, PRoxy 2 or Proxy 3 to store anything in their
>local cache. I want them to get all their information from the parent
>Proxy/Cache.
>
>Q: How would I implement this, should I just set the cache_swap to 0 or is
>there a tricky way of doing this? first_level_swap_dir 0,
>second_level_swap_dir 0???

How about:

cache_host real.proxy.fqdn parent 3128 3130 proxy-only

in each config file. Or does this not work as advertised?

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to your other questions,
but I hope this helps some.

Cheers.

--
Duncan Anker         http://www.angelfire.com/or/darcknight/

Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.
Those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.