Re: How to simulate heavy load?

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 00:13:28 +0800 (HKT)

Arjan de Vet wrote:
> What you really want to know is how Squid behaves when your Internet
> connection gets saturated or parts of the Internet are not reachable for
> you. In such cases the average duration of a connection gets longer leading
> to a very large amount of parallel connections to Squid.

This will waste bandwidth, though; what I have done is to create a
CGI script that returns streams of characters, depending on the
parameters. Something like http://www.test.com/script/12345 will
give you 12345 characters. Then I used libwww-perl in a script
that called the script with random numbers as to minimize hits.
To simulate the delay, you could put sleep()'s in the CGI.

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>