Re: Webbrowser cache implementation.

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 20:15:40 +0200

Hi

> > > Hmmm. I wonmder if we need an extension to ICP to tell a squid cache
> > > to go fetch a page, but don't bother delivering it to me. That way a
> > > client can get something prefetched ready for when it has the bandwidth
> > > to fetch it or the user asks for it?

> I spoke too soon. Turns out squid has this already: ICP_NOTIFY
No....

> See http://shika.aist-nara.ac.jp/products/wcol/dev/icp_notify.html
Is that what this page is supposed to mean? I have a little bit of a problem
understanding it ;)

> It may be a patch rather than part of the dist; I don't know.
It's not part of the official ICP spec - this is called
draft-wessels-icp-v2-03.txt
(ftp://ftp.is.co.za/internet-drafts/draft-wessels-icp-v2-03.txt is one place
to get it - look at your local mirror first)

I would suggest that you also read draft-wessels-icp-v2-appl-00.txt

Oskar