bug in 1.NOVM.10 ?

From: Mark Visser <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:07:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

Yesterday i noticed during a routine check of the system a lot of activity
of Squid. A little investigation showed that one disk had become full en
Squid couldn't write his files there anymore. Squid solution seemed to be
rm -rf /cache.

Hmm..i'm not that happy with that. Squid didn't seem to stop at the low
level marks, but continued erasing everything. Stopping squid and
restarting Squid maked it go fill the cache again.

Is this supposed behavior ? I hope not.

Machine is a SUN 4/470 with Solaris 2.4.

Another thing is cachemgr. I doubt if it shows the correct number of
filedescriptors in use.
A) sometimes with 23 users we have 10 in use
B) sometimes it's quiet (2 users or so) and there are 50 fd's in use

Mark

Mark Visser | Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31 | E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede | SNT-mail: mark@snt.student.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038 |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.