Re: [Squid-Users] bug in 1.NOVM.10 ?

From: Daryl Collins <daryl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 20:32:26 +0930 (CST)

Hi Mark & All,

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday i noticed during a routine check of the system a lot of activity
> of Squid. A little investigation showed that one disk had become full en
> Squid couldn't write his files there anymore. Squid solution seemed to be
> rm -rf /cache.
>
> Hmm..i'm not that happy with that. Squid didn't seem to stop at the low
> level marks, but continued erasing everything. Stopping squid and
> restarting Squid maked it go fill the cache again.
>
> Is this supposed behavior ? I hope not.
>
> Machine is a SUN 4/470 with Solaris 2.4.

I have also seen this behaviour, in our case it was with squid 1.1.9 on a
Linux 2.0.29 PC.

We have the high & low watermarks set to the same value in the hope that
squid will delete objects as it needs the space rather than loading the
machine heavily while it deletes a few hundred meg every few days. Is
this likely to cause such a problem to occur?

Daryl

---
Daryl Collins                   Email: daryl@satech.net.au
Network Manager                 Phone: +61-8-8221-5500
SA Technologies                 Fax  : +61-8-8221-6005