Maximum connections for squid-users

From: Andy Thaller <Andy.Thaller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:40:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you for squid. It's a great thing to have
:-)

On our site, we use proxy-authorisation. Sometimes, multible requests from
the same user/host (we've counted up to 15 connections from thew same
proxy-user) use up all the bandwith on our 64kBit line. This is mostly
inconvenient for the other users, of course, having transfer rates of
70Bytes/s. We've looked for a way to limit the maximum number of
simultaneous connections for each user, but couldn't find support for it
in squid-1.1.10

Is there a way to regulate the number of connections or even balance the
load for each proxy-user/host? We believe, his could be an interesting
feature for sites being connected to their parent host via low bandwidth
lines.

Regards,
Andy.