Re: Maximum connections for squid-users

From: Cord Beermann <cord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:54:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Andy Thaller) hast geschrieben:

>First of all, I want to thank you for squid. It's a great thing to have
>:-)

Thats right ;-)

>Is there a way to regulate the number of connections or even balance the
>load for each proxy-user/host? We believe, his could be an interesting
>feature for sites being connected to their parent host via low bandwidth
>lines.

There isn't such a thing in squid yet, but in
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/Devel/todo.html you can find the point
New Features - Resource Limits
(http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/Devel/Todo/9703121.txt):

A way to specify and enforce resource limits. e.g.:

   1) prevent a class of users from using too much bandwidth.
   2) limit number of simultaneous FTP requests.
   3) Prioritize requests based on various parameters including
        "un-hit rate."

Cord

--
Cord Beermann        http://home.pages.de/~cord/