Re: squid and NT4.0 IIS3.0

From: Guy Roelant <GuyR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:42:36 +0200

----------
> Van: Don Rolph <w-rolph@ds.mc.ti.com>
> Aan: Guy Roelant <GuyR@e5mode.be>
> CC: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Onderwerp: Re: squid and NT4.0 IIS3.0
> Datum: donderdag 12 juni 1997 13:51
>
> You are actually in more trouble here than just squid. The only browser
> which will work is Microsoft internet explorer.
can you elaborate on this...

> Better options are to:
>
> 1) on IIS set the server up to send and receive passwords in the
> clear
this is just what i don't want...
the end-user has to re-type his username and password...
now we use win95 or NTW. so explorer knows already which user is logged on.

> 2) use https instead of http for any secure web operations
this will not give me the user info.
i use the userID the send the user to his or her group pages (with asp)

so this option is out of the question...:<