Re: Cache growing too large!

From: David Richards <dj.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:51:04 +1000 (EST)

Jeff,

        That sounds fine. You will be able to tell if it is managing
itself. It will get right up near the cache_swap size, then when it gets
a moment free, it will delete until it get's down to the low mark. I
believe it will use the LRU (least recently used) algorithm to get rid of
the objects. If you want yoou could set the high mark quite low, say 35%
and the low mark 1%, and see what it has to say for itself.

        I would only do this for testing, do not keep it at these values,
return it to the defaults when you are satisfied that it is working.

Dave.

David Richards Ph: +61 7 3864 4354
Network Programmer Fax: +61 7 3864 5272
Computing Services e-mail: dj.richards@qut.edu.au