squid dieing after FDs-patch

From: Andreas Reeh <A.Reeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Jun 1997 18:56:00 +0200

Hi Squiders,

after I patched my Linux 2.30 kernel to 300 file descriptors and after I
compiled Squid new, I have this problem:

When I want to request "Cache information" from this Squid via the
cachemgr.cgi there appears no output in the Browser and the squid process
dies, the only message in cache.log is
"/usr/local/squid/bin/squid: can't resolve symbol 'mallinfo'".

When I dont't use the cachemgr squid seems to run fine.
This happens since the 3000 FD-patch, before that this squid was running
very stable over some weeks.

Any hints?

  Andreas

--
Andreas Reeh = A.Reeh@WaD.org (private) or ar@netaccess.de (business)
More info, public key, geek-code and other email and talk addresses at