Re: Broken Pipes

From: <eugeneg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 18:46:18 +0000

> eugeneg@mail.arach.net.au writes:
> > Hi
> > Is there anyone out there who can help me with a small problem ?
> > I am running squid 1.1.10 under Linux kernel version 2.0.29
> >
> > I'm getting a whole swag of these errors in my cache.log file - any
> > ideas ?
> >
> > 97/06/13 18:21:55| icpDetectClientClose: ERROR 127.0.0.1: (32) Broken
> > pipe
>
> I find it strange that these all point to 127.0.0.1... Are you
> doing proxy acceleration?
>
> The message is just what is sent to the process from the Operating
> System, and I have a lot of these in my logs but none from 127.0.0.1
> I don't normally worry about them (my daily cache.log files are somewhere
> around 1.5M) but if you aren't running a web server on the same machine it
> would imply that there is a problem talking to something like your
> dns servers (I don't know if they talk to squid via a tcp socket or
> a Unix domain socket, but I am guessing that it's the former)
>
> Oskar

The reason that the messages are from local host is probably due to
the fact that I am running transparent proxy on the same system.
I do not have a web server on this particular system
The DNS process on this system is a slave process to my main DNS
server.
    A RRR A CCC H H N N EEEEE TTTTT | () |
   A A R R A A C C H H NN N E T \(OO)/
  AAAAA RRR AAAAA C HHHHH N N N EEE T ~\((()))/~
  A A R R A A C C H H N NN E T _/((()))\_
  A A R R A A CCC H H N N EEEEE T /(())\
  FOR INSTANT CONNECTION AND FAST ACCESS TO THE WEB | |