Multiple cachedirs

From: Evan Champion <evanc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:54:45 -0400

We are looking at putting in more cache space, and for performance
reasons I'd like to put in multiple disks rather than a single large
disk.

Because I'm trying to keep costs low, I was thinking about using
multiple cachedirs rather than buying a RAID controller.

Could someone explain to me how squid handles multiple cachedirs? For
example, does it use them round-robin, or will it fill one before moving
on to the next, etc?

Thanks.

Evan