Accessing internal server

From: Basil McCrea <mccrebsi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:24:36 +0200

Hi,

We have a few SoftWindows (Solaris) clients running M$ Internet Explorer (just for
testing), which have problems with hostname resolution. With Harvest's cached
proxy we just defined the proxy for everything (intranet and internet) and everything
worked great. But with squid the client reports an host lookup error and the following
appears in squid's log file:
<client address> - - [24/Jun/1997:08:43:38 +0200] "GET http://wwwkat/" ERR_DNS_FAIL:NONE 843

Can squid be configured to resolve internal hostnames without a domain name? Nslookup of
"wwwkat" on the proxy machine returns the correct address .

TIA for any suggestions.

Basil