Re: Unusual connections.

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 97 11:26:24 +0200

On Tuesday 24 June 97, at 8 h 33, the keyboard of Matt Isleb
<kermit@reptile.clc.cc.il.us> wrote:

> Is there any particular reason that i would have the host:
> proxy_a.mlg.ywcn.or.id connecting to my cache??? I have no idea who this
> is... hell i don't even know what country .id is. I have like 7 open

India. Many people in the world do not live in the United States
(amazing, isn't it?)

> hell i don't even know what country .id is. I have like 7 open
> connections INCOMING to port 3128 from that machine and like 10 still in
> the process of closing... wierd.

I don't know why they try to use your site (a mail to
postmaster@mlg.ywcn.or.id will probably fix it) but did you set up the
minimum protections of your proxy as suggested in the QUICKSTART file?