Re: Access to NLANR parent caches == slower ???

From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:39:54 +0700 (ICT)

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:

> I've recently got access to the NLANR parent caches, specifically those
> at sd and sv. Strangely enough, my access times got extremely bad. Also,
> some sites became unaccessible.
>
> Is it possible that this is a side effect of my international access
> being overloaded and ICP is getting lost easily ?

I have exactly the same problem here. My parent cache is sv, I've found
that some site became unaccessible. From an error message returned when
access those site, I found that sv server use squid 1.1.11!! I haven't
seen any announcement for 1.1.11 in squid-user list nor in squid homepage
so I assume that someone is testing a new version of squid on sv. I have
to tempolarily remove sv from my parent list since I got a lot of complain
from users.

Please help Duane!!

--
aet