Re: Monitoring Squid with MRTG (nice graphics)

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:17:42 +0200

Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:
> The Renater national cache is now monitored with the excellent (free) software
> MRTG. This allows us to show nice GIFs to our clients :-)
>
> http://cache.cnrs.fr/MRTG/
>
> The setup is explained in
>
> http://cache.cnrs.fr/MRTG/config.html
Duane has had something like this running for the nlanr.net caches for
a while, but the code is not documented etc...

His uses lots of little perl scripts and so on and graphs them with
gnuplot... I have the scripts and have been wanting to hack them to
"production quality" for a while, but just haven't had the time.

On a similar note, a "native" or easily configurable SNMP addon to squid
might be nice :)

Oskar