Re: Monitoring Squid with MRTG (nice graphics)

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 97 10:26:21 +0200

On Wednesday 2 July 97, at 21 h 47, the keyboard of Samath Wijesundara
<> wrote:

> Instead of get_url you can use the 'client' programme which comes with the sq
uid. (I find it is in the squid distribution (I use 1.1.11) ). Just
replace the
 get_url with squid-directory/bin/client in the script and it works.

url_get has more options and is written in Perl, so you can tinker it
more easily :-)

A word of warning: some machines (not yours according to the logs)
requests OUR local URL, (bidon means
foobar in French) and obviously get bad results for response time... Be
sure to change that URL in the management script.