Re: Monitoring Squid with MRTG (nice graphics)

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 97 10:26:21 +0200

On Wednesday 2 July 97, at 21 h 47, the keyboard of Samath Wijesundara
<samath@slt.lk> wrote:

> Instead of get_url you can use the 'client' programme which comes with the sq
uid. (I find it is in the squid distribution (I use 1.1.11) ). Just
replace the
 get_url with squid-directory/bin/client in the script and it works.

url_get has more options and is written in Perl, so you can tinker it
more easily :-)

A word of warning: some machines (not yours according to the logs)
requests OUR local URL, http://cache.cnrs.fr/tests/bidon (bidon means
foobar in French) and obviously get bad results for response time... Be
sure to change that URL in the management script.