Re: Using Squid with RealPlayerPlus 4.0 (real audio)

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 13:37:44 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Jeff Halper wrote:

> I've had a few users who are unable to configure the proxy to allow use
> of RealPlayerPlus 4.0
>
> Anyone know the settings to use or is this not compatable? I am using
> parent caches SV and SD, and have had similar problems with people using
> Hotmail

You can only proxy Real* stuff if you set your Player to use HTTP transport,
turning off UDP and TCP. You can then put your server address as the
proxy. However I'm not sure if this is cachable.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-750-2288
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>