Re: Aborted POST transfers?

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 01:28:00 +0200

Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@adv.IAEhv.nl> wrote:
>In article <199707050045.CAA16758@dionysus.fw.cuci.nl> you write:
>>prematurely. It almost looks as if it is somehow timing related
>>(like a POST request shouldn't take longer than x minutes or similar).

>It's the same problem I found with SSL downloads and long files. It has
>been fixed in 1.1.12:

> - Added missing calls to reset socket timeouts for SSL
> and passthrough requests.

>I have not tested it yet but the patch I got from Duane some days ago
>looked OK.

The patch looks all right, and seems to address some problem. I'm not
quite certain it addresses the POST timeout as well (I'm not even certain
it is a timeout, because I can't recognise to see the timeconstant it is
using). Then again, maybe I misapplied the patches. It got quite a
bit confusing after recent hand-patches interleaved by version-patches
(quite a lot of reject-files to consolidate). I'll have to run a diff
with a genuine 1.NOVM.12 version soon.

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).