Re: No peers to query???

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 00:53:33 +1000 (EST)

> The system returned:
>
> No peers to query and the host is beyond your firewall.
>
> The cache administrator may need to double-check the cache
> configuration.
>
> This means that:
>

> The requested URL can not currently be retrieved.
>
> Generated by squid/1.1.11_dti-be-dns.for.no.one

> -------------
>
> The FW1 is NOT! unreachable, when I get this message.
> Squid is running on an Intel Caldera Open Linux (Kernel
> 2.0.29).
> Clients are the M$ IE 3.0 and Netscape Communicator.

Make sure that Squid uses default parent or single parent bypass.
However, occasionally CERN will not answer a query from Squid - ie
refuse connection - which will generate this message from Squid.
Unfortunately this can sometimes cause Squid to then complain that
every request (for up to a period of several minutes) is not possible
because it's only parent refused a single connection.

tom@interact.net.au