Re: No peers to query???

From: Gert-Jan Looy <gj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:36:57 +0200

kellermann wrote:

> Hi,

[ ... ]
> -------------
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.compaq.com/
> The following error was encountered:
> Unable to Retrieve
> The system returned:
> No peers to query and the host is beyond your firewall.
> The cache administrator may need to double-check the cache
> configuration.
> This means that:
> The requested URL can not currently be retrieved.
> Generated by squid/1.1.11_dti-be-dns.for.no.one
> The FW1 is NOT! unreachable, when I get this message.
> Squid is running on an Intel Caldera Open Linux (Kernel

> Any ideas???

No ideas, (sorry) but we have the same problem in the same configuration
once in a while.
At the moment this message apears, the server is 'down' when looking
in cache-manager server-list.
After a few minutes it's up again and al is running well.

I hope someone has a clou.

Gert-Jan Looy     Unix SysAdm  Siemens/SNI Nederland N.V.
E-mail    :   gj@siemens.nl
Phone/Fax :   +31 70 333 2982 / 2948
X400      :   NL;400NET;SCN;siemens;zom1;p1;looy;gert-jan