No peers to query???

From: kellermann <kellermann@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Jul 1997 15:53:13 +0200

Hi,

We are using squid to get access to the Internet through a
double
firewall ;-)

Let me show you how:

                              Internet

                      -----------I FW1 I-------------

                              Intranet

                      -----------I FW2 I--------------

                                 Lan

FW1= Firewall + WWW Proxy for Internet-Acess (cern httpd)

FW2= WWW-Proxy SQUID

If someone wants to get access to the Internet, you have to
use FW1.
(You are registred in an ACL)

We registred our Proxy (FW2) in this list. Then we set up
an own ACL
with Clients inside the LAN, which are allowed to internet
;-)

We set up squid to use FW1 as a default parent.

squid.conf:
cache_host FW1 parent 8080 7 default no-query
..
single_parent_bypass on
..
inside_firewall our.lan

This works well.

Now the problem:

Sometimes I get the following message:

-------------

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.compaq.com/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to Retrieve

The system returned:

    No peers to query and the host is beyond your firewall.

The cache administrator may need to double-check the cache
configuration.

This means that:

    The requested URL can not currently be retrieved.

Generated by squid/1.1.11_dti-be-dns.for.no.one

The FW1 is NOT! unreachable, when I get this message.
Squid is running on an Intel Caldera Open Linux (Kernel
2.0.29).
Clients are the M$ IE 3.0 and Netscape Communicator.

Any ideas???

Thanx
     Joern Kellermann