Re: Registration Tracker

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 08:38:20 -0700

jamie@zusammen.com writes:

>Hi,
>
>I've uncommented the lines in squid.conf regarding the NLANR announcement
>service, and restarted squid, and I have looked over several days, but my
>registration is not appearing on their database. I pressume this should be
>straight forward to use, so I am guessing that I have overlooked something
>simple as to why it's not working - any clues?

    * Your site will not be listed if your cache IP address does not have
      a DNS PTR record. If we can't map the IP address back to a domain
      name, it will be listed as ``Unknown.''

    * The registration messages are sent with UDP. We may not be
      receiving your announcement message due to firewalls which block
      UDP, or dropped packets due to congestion.

Duane W.