Re: cache sizes & needed ram.

From: Mark Visser <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:22:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Matt Isleb wrote:

> With a 1.5GB cache on a Linux box, squid is using about 30MB of RAM
> (64MB total system). So I imagine a 12GB cache will require quite a bit
> more than 64MB. You will need at least 128MB. Once squid starts swaping
> to disk it will lag big time. If you just cannot afford the memory yo
> might want to get the NOVM version of squid. But you will definitely
> need the memory if you ever plan on using all 12GB.
>
> Matt

Here on Solaris 2.4 with it's own malloc (not GNU)

Squid 1.NOVM.14 (up 1 day now)
14 Mb ram resident
17 Mb total mem in use
cache_swap set to1350 Mb cache
cache_mem set to 16 mb

Due to the problems with the root servers of Internic at this moment i
only see lot of errors, but otherwise it's running fine.

Mark

Mark Visser | Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31 | E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede | SNT-mail: mark@snt.student.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038 |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.