Re: Microsoft CARP

From: Don Rolph <w-rolph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:03:24 -0400

Wow, and if we plan our caches in exquiste detail, we can maybe eek out
a few percent of efficiency, with of course software gacefully supplied
to us by a proprietary vendor.

Teh advantages of much of the internet is that it is basically a self
organizing system. If the URL are hashed, then the hashing will be
dependent on knowing a priori the proxy structure. In the absence of
thhis apriori knowledge.....

This seems like a "real bad idea".

--
Regards.