Is our cache_swap enough? studying store.log

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 11:33:23 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

I was thinking of a way of determining whether cache_swap is enough, or
it needs to be increased, and more disks added.

I was considering this:

* If the average age of store.log RELEASE entries is less than the
  refresh_pattern specified, then the object is purged because we've
  ran out of space.
* If it's equal, or greater, then Squid is just honoring the refresh_patterns
  and we have enough space.

Any thoughts? It seems to me that determining cache_swap is still an art.
We would like to add more space but not be prone to diminishing returns.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-750-2288
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>