Re: Is our cache_swap enough? studying store.log

From: Matt Isleb <kermit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 23:22:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> Any thoughts? It seems to me that determining cache_swap is still an art.
> We would like to add more space but not be prone to diminishing returns.

I imagine the more swap the better. No matter what you release rate is
compared to what your refresh patterns say. I mean even if many objects are
stale, at least they will be there and you can get an IMS_HIT on
them. IMS_HITs make up a large portion of my total hits.
MOstly because i use the default refresh pattern for safety. So, if you
have the disk space AND the RAM, use it.

In the long run an IMS request is much cheaper than downloading a 20k
object.

Matt