squid on two lan-interface machine SINIX MX300

From: Andre Hagers <ahagers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:43:01 +0200

Dear readers,

I compiled squid (1.1.11) without a problem in 1 time but making it work
however is more complicated :-( .

I have a SINIX 5.41 D0005 (SystemVr4) on a Siemens MX300 system. It runs
CERN server and proxy without a problem. Running squid gives no usable
results yet. As soon as the first GET comes from a client the squid
proces start eating the CPU by doing a lot of fcntl's These seem to
stem from comm-set-fd-lifetime in comm.c From the log file I can see
there is UDP communication with a nearby proxy (proxy2.NL.net:8080
(squid)) as sibling, neighbor or parent.

I did an harvest-news-archive search in osnabrueck-uni.de on fcntl and
found some messages which mentioned multihosting as a problem situation.
The process can bind only to one address. Which needs to be two. I have
two LAN-boards in the MX300 (one internet one local net). I already
experimented with tcp-in-coming en tcp-out-going parameters. But this
gave no effect.

Thank you for your time

Andre Hagers