neighbor_type_domain for ACLs?

From: Elfredy V. Cadapan <evc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:03:45 +0800 (CST)

Hello, Squidders...

My situation - I've got a parent squid proxy that doesn't allow ftp
objects through -- let's call it parent1. I've set

cache_host_acl parent1 !ftp

to not request such from this proxy.
I want to use the NLANR caches (thanks, Duane, for letting us do so) for
ftp objects - currently I've got the NLANR caches set as sibling.

My questions:

is there a version of the neighbor_type_domain parameter that allows my
squid to use a neighbor as parent for ftp, and sibling for all else? i.e:

acl ftp proto ftp
neighbor_type_acl sv.cache.nlanr.net parent ftp

where my proxy would fetch ftp MISSes from sv.cache.nlanr.net, but not
http MISSes?
If not, is there anybody who's found a workaround to make squid work like
this? (clever uses of the cache_host_acl tag, etc)

Another, related question - what does the -h parameter on ftpget do? Running
ftpget without parameters says "Convert to HTTP" - does this mean the
incoming ftp stream is handed to the browser as an http object?

 Elfredy Cadapan
  Computer Science Instructor and Professional Nerd
  Institute of Computer Science, UP at Los Banos
  Home page : http://www.uplb.edu.ph/~evc/