Update Delays

From: Paul Black <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:59:46 +1000 (EST)

I think this is a question that gets asked a lot, anyway here goes:

A user updates his homepage which is running on our Apache Http server.
The user is using our squid cache (1.1-11) and he cannot see the changes he
has made for a period of a couple of hours.

Is this the normal behavour of squid? Is there any config options which
could be set to make squid accept the update a bit faster? I suspect if
he was using netscape and used the control reload option he would see
the new version of his page, but I dont want to have to tell thousands
of users about this.

Thanks... Paul