Re: Update Delays

From: David Richards <dj.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:14:07 +1000 (EST)

Paul,

        In browsers, there are usually options about the proxy. One of
these is "No Proxy for:", you could enter into this box an entry something
like: *.dot.net.au

        The ideal solution would be to have an automatic configuration
script, that the users would reference in the automatic configure script
location option under browser proxy options.

        And of course, if the local_domain tag is filled in, in squid.conf
the proxy should not cache local pages anyhow...

Just a little food for thought,

Dave.

David Richards Ph: +61 7 3864 4354
Network Programmer Fax: +61 7 3864 5272