Re: transparent proxies

From: Richard Ayres <RichardA@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:50:58 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Porter <leigh@wisper.net>

> So a proxying cache cannot be used as a "normal" cache as well?
Yes, a proxying cache can be used as a "normal" cache also, but without the
transparent proxying there is no way of ensuring that all my users use it.

>I have just set it up on 2.0.30 and it seems to work ok! Are you saying
>it'sgoing to crash soon ;-)
No, just it redirects to the same port it was originally intended for (ie. 80, not 8080). At least it does for me.

>Funny, There is a company selling this for about 2000 UKP a month!
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Rich.