Re: Squid problem?

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:48:41 +0100

At 14:52 30/07/97 +0100, Leigh Porter wrote:
>I just tried a www site that has multiple IP addresses.
>
> I try the site form machine A and find it works fine, then from machine
>B, an
>IE4 thing with WinNT 4 the sire returns server busy (on a differant IP
>address).
>
>I click reload on this system and I get server busy again even though on
>another
>system, putting that IP address in gives the page OK - the Squis box had
>cached
>the server busy page!

Look at the negative_ttl entry in squid.conf. Setting this to 0 will
prevent all negative caching. Setting it to 1 minute is probably more
sensible (its unlikely to suddenly start working in a matter of seconds).

>It should not do that, so I believe because I set
>httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
>in squid.conf and so it should go on the hostname instead according to
>what I have seen in the list over the past day or so.

That's purely for use with an httpd accelerator, not the proxy caching.

Jonathan L.

Origin UK,323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel: +44(1223)423355
------[ Do not think that every sad-eyed woman has loved and lost... ]------
April 12th! Ra!Ra!----[ she may have got him. -Anon ]-----April 12th! Ra!Ra!
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my own fault