Easy way to increase cache size without flushing cache?

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:39:22 -0400 (EDT)

Now that I've got Squid up and running swimmingly, I'm interested in
increasing the size of the cache to fill up the room left over by the
shut-down of the Apache cache. Is there a way to do this without entirely
erasing the cache? Do I just increase "cache_size" and HUP it? How many
storage dirs should I have for a particular cache size?

        -Mike Pelletier.