get "Operation already in progress" when trying to use squid with socks

From: Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 21:09:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

since my squid lies inside our firewall, I have to configure the
proxy-server running on the firewall as my parent. This works
great so far. But for being able to forward https connections as
well, I tried to socksify squid using socks5. However, when connecting
to a https URL, I get the following message:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: banking.hypo.de:443

The following error was encountered:

      Connection Failed

The system returned:

    (37) Operation already in progress

This means that:

    The remote site or server may be down. Please try again soon.

The socks5 package itself runs great but with squid I had no succes.
I socksified squid using the usual procedure: including socks.h,
defining SOCKS and linking with the socks5 library.

Do you have an idea or any hint what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks very much

        -Andre