How to turn off squid when line is down?

From: Francis Mouthaud <intfmo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:39:16 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I have a network of squid servers on several internet conections lines.

This morning I had a problem with the one I use for the american servers,
the line was down... But not the proxy! So all requests for american
servers were going to this proxy but it could not contact any host...so
all answers were "host unreachable"...

This is normal, but what I would like is squid to test its route
(connection) - when there is no dynamic routing -.

I can make a little program to shutdown squid when the line is down, but
if squid could understand it by himself...it would be great!

Squid just have to test a single IP address and turn to "dead" state if it
could be contacted, then "revive" when it is up again.

Thanks for your attention

Francis

: Francis Mouthaud ^_^ Mailto:Mouthaud@freenet.fr :
| Ingenieur / http://www.freenet.fr/bluepatch |
: Office: 33 01-64-52-64-64 / Fax: 33 01-64-09-54-71 :