Re: How to test if Squid is up?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 97 09:38:23 +0200

On Tuesday 5 August 97, at 16 h 9, the keyboard of Leigh Porter
<leigh@wisper.net> wrote:

> Does anybody have anytying that will test wether Squid is up
> and serving requests, not hung, dead etc?

Adding my stuff to all the excellent advises you received, I suggest my
echoping tool:

ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/Network/echoping/

Which we use to monitor Squid caches from MRTG. It would be simple to
change the script to dial a pager.

http://cache.cnrs.fr/MRTG/delay.html (see the huge response time because
of yesterday's cache, while Squid was reading its disk).