compiling 1.1.14 on HPUX (was: Re: cannot compile squid-1.1.11 on HPUX)

From: ing. AG van Loo <eddy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:53:03 +0200

Hi,

As I wrote before, 1.1.4 compiles, but with several warnings.

The resulting executable coredumps immediately upon startup,
with the message: Bus error - core dumped.
This usually indicates a null-pointer problem or calling a
function with a wrong type of argument(s).

Even cachemgr.cgi crashes the same way.

I guess this has something to do with the "incompatible pointer type"
warnings I got during compilation, but I'm not a programmer...

Any helpful hints appreciated!

TIA,

Eddy van Loo

--
Network Management, Unix Support, Surfnet-IC/ICP, Postmaster, Webmaster
at Hogeschool Zeeland, Vlissingen / Zeeland Polytechnic, Flushing, Holland.