Squid 1.1.14 for OPENSTEP 4.2 not working with user authentication

From: Cameron Kay <Cameron_Kay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:08:24 +0000

I've compiled up a version of Squid for my NeXTstation with little or no
problem.

I then configured it to user proxy authentication, created a smaill test
password file.

Set the location of the password file in the squid.conf file and created
a user acl and http_access entry.

I then launch squid and my web browser and tryed to authenticate my self
with the cache.

All I get back is a Access Denied error. When I look at the debugging
info in the log file I see that the program found my name and password
in the password file and that it accepts there correct. It then proceeds
to look though the usernames in the user acl. It goes through them all
one by one not finding a match for any of them even though my names in
the list and in the password file.

And one have any ideas whats gone wrong?

- Cameron