firewall question, slightly off-topic

From: Paul Gracy <GRACYP@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:05:30 -0400

Since this seems to be the most helpful mailing list I'm on, I thought I'd ask
here first.

We have one user on our intranet who wants to go and get his e-mail
from somebody else. (Earthlink I think). Our intranet is using some of the
addresses assigned by IANA for private use. The only connection we
have to the Internet is through the squid proxy. We normally get our
email through the same linux box that squid runs on. Due to rank, I have
to find some way to make this person happy. Due to geography, I can't
just give him a second network card and put it outside the proxy.

Any suggestions?