Re: firewall question, slightly off-topic

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 20:43:43 +0100

At 15:05 18/08/97 -0400, Paul Gracy wrote:
>We have one user on our intranet who wants to go and get his e-mail
>from somebody else. (Earthlink I think). Our intranet is using some of the
>addresses assigned by IANA for private use. The only connection we
>have to the Internet is through the squid proxy. We normally get our
>email through the same linux box that squid runs on. Due to rank, I have
>to find some way to make this person happy. Due to geography, I can't
>just give him a second network card and put it outside the proxy.
>
>Any suggestions?

Use the plug-gw from the firewall toolkit available at
http://www.tis.com/docs/products/fwtk/index.html to connect the pop3 port
on your firewall to the pop3 port on earthlink (or wherever).

Jonathan L.

Origin UK,323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel: +44(1223)423355
-------[ It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has ]-------
----------------[ plenty of work to do - Jerome K. Jerome ]-----------------
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my own fault