Re: Caching violates copyright? (content negotiation)

From: Andrew Daviel <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, WWW server manager wrote:

> Michael Pelletier wrote:
> >

> provided precisely what had been requested. [The HTTP 1.1 spec has a lot of
> comments on caching, and I haven't checked what it says about negotiated
> documents, so it may mandate a different approach...]
>
> John Line

As I recall it's still being thrashed over by Koen et al.
(draft-ietf-http-negotiation-03.txt); now known as TCN (Transparent
Content Negotiation).

I'm disappointed that TCN and cache are poor bedfellows. One hack is to
use a non-cacheable negotiated redirect to a set of regular pages.

Andrew Daviel