RE: WARNING: No IP address found

From: Larmour, Jonathan <Jonathan.Larmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:20:15 +0100

I imagine it is because of the resolver implementation. It is most
common that if your squid is linked with the resolv library, that
restricts it to DNS lookups. To allow what you are looking for,
different platforms have different solutions, such as editing
nsswitch.conf in Solaris, NYS (I think?), or resolv+. These all allow
mechanisms to look up names in a user-supplied order, e.g. /etc/hosts,
then NIS, then DNS.

However, these are circumvented if squid is directly linked with the
standard DNS resolver, as that supports DNS and nothing else.

It may be better to try to get lyrebird added to the DNS instead.

Jonathan L.

Origin,323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel:+44(1223)423355
-----[ It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has ]-----
--------------[ plenty of work to do - Jerome K. Jerome ]---------------
Fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my own fault