Inter-Cache improvments.

From: Leigh Porter <leigh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 19:18:42 +0100

Hiya folks,

Would it be a good idea for a child cache to have a number of permanent
TCP connections open to the parent cache server instead of continously
creating new connections for each new object it gets?

Then, like the apache httpd does you can have a minimum number of
open connections to sustain and a maximum number, squid can then
dynamically open/close tcp connections with the load it sees.

Also (theres more :) I do not know if squid can do this, but having
differant max cacheable object sizes for differant domains would
be good, for exmaple, I would like to let microsoft/netscape have
say 20Mb max cachable object size ready for when they release
new software for example but leave everything else at just 4Mb.

Best Regards,
Leigh Porter