Re: squid and problem with diald

From: Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto <mneto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:49:46 -0400 (WST)

When squid starts, it performs some DNS tests to make sure the connection
is up.

Since the connection is not up and you are using diald, those UDP packets
will wake up diald.

There is a flag that you can use to disable such feature (I think it is
-D)

- Mario.

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, ThE IcEbReAkEr wrote:

> Hi,
> i have installed squid in two places,in office (moloch.pandora.it)whitch has a
> direct connect to the internet and it works great :)
> I have installed it also at home,where i connect to the internet with my linux box
> by diald.
> The problem is that as soon as i start RunCache every 5 minutes diald keep the line
> up because squid make a connection to a host sharve.something...
> How i disable this?
> I've seen that here in office it connecto to this site to...but at home it's a big
> problem
> best regard
> Domenico Martini

| Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto System Administrator |
| WebSlave ! Argo Internet Provider |
| Key fingerprint = CB B8 0E 90 EE 9C D1 91 B5 5E B1 EC 83 4D 78 9B |