Re: FTP directory updates and forced picture downloads...

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:38:18 +0200

Hi

> I've played around with the settings in the configuration file, even
> bringing the if-modified-since values down to 1 minute, but still they
> don't update.
This is because there is no way of getting 'last-modified' data
from a ftp site easily/uniformly. you could go one directory lower down
and then say 'ls -ld directory', but it may or may not work...

There is not really any way of doing this properly - you can try
some kind of refresh-rate for ftp where you cache anything
that ends with a '/' for a short period of time...

This MIGHT do the trick - I am not sure if we use perl-type
regexes or what... or if we have to escape the '/' with '\/'... but
since the default conf uses '//' without problems this should
work fine...

refresh_pattern ^ftp://.+/$ 0 0% 0

ie anything that starts with 'ftp' and ends with '/' isn't cached
at all

Oskar